Franchise Daycare Centre introduces guarantee to protect pets and their owners
MISSISSAUGA, December 18, 2015 – DOGTOPIA Canada introduced a first-ever ‘Canine and Owners’ Bill of Rights’ to guarantee the best possible level of service for its customers and protect Canadian dog owners from outlets who purport to offer safe, clean, supervised, and properly organized dog daycare facilities to consumers but who in fact do not.
DOGTOPIA Canada is taking the lead and urging other reputable firms to adopt similar standards. The company’s main goal: to use the Bill of Rights as a foundation to promote internal service standardization and help consumers identify what they should expect and demand of their dog care providers.
Celebrating Dogtopia Canada’s launch of the first ever Canine and Owners’ Bill of Rights, guarantee to protect pets and their owners (l-r) Mississauga Ward 6 Councillor Ron Starr, Dogtopia ‘s Eastern Canada Franchise Director Mark Sonik, Regional Developer Anita Samadian and Operations Manager Talin Frankian.
Reflective of its service-first core values, DOGTOPIA Canada’s Bill of Rights will provide consumers with the following guarantees:
- State-of-the-art facilities with climate-controlled playrooms
- Dogs grouped according to size and play style
- Year-round exercise – think of Dogtopia as an indoor off-leash park
- Upgraded HVAC units with state-of-the-art UV filtration systems for better air quality – a first in the dog daycare world
- Safe play equipment with activity always supervised by staff
- Playroom attendants certified in dog behavior and body language
- The use of re-direction techniques to control safety in playrooms
- An assessment of your dog’s individual social skills and gradual integration into the pack safely
- Transparency – webcams installed in all playrooms so you can watch your dog interact and have fun
- No extra fees for administering medications or supplying food when parents forget
Why the need for a Bill of Rights?
“This isn’t just good news for customers or for the pet care industry…. we think it’s the right thing to do,” said Mark Sonik, Dogtopia’s Franchise Director for Eastern Canada. “There are many companies that provide care for dogs but don’t follow appropriate health or safety measures. Our ‘Bill of Rights’ ensures consumers that their dogs will be treated in the best way possible, the way they’d want any family member to be treated.”
Dogtopia Bill Of Rights
ABOUT DOGTOPIA CANADA
Dogtopia is a dog daycare, boarding and spa franchise committed to providing exceptional care to canines and their families across the U.S. and Canada. The company was established in 2002 based on the belief that combining a strong vision, a passion for dogs and a second-to-none executive team would lead to success. With that success, Dogtopia began franchising in 2005. Currently, there are currently 34 U.S. locations and four in Canada, with 2 additional locations under construction. The Dogtopia system includes both franchise and company-owned stores. Dogtopia recently adopted a new brand identity including a new logo, signage and facility design. The rebrand supports Dogtopia’s aggressive growth strategy, which includes expanding to over 300 locations in the U.S. and Canada over the next several years.
Contact: Samantha Martin / David Eisenstadt
416-696-9900 ext. 24 / 36
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com