TORONTO – November 6, 2015 – Two Men and a Truck – International has lots to celebrate. The family-owned business has accomplished much in 30 years – international expansion; with 2,100 trucks, 9,000 employees and boasts 5.5 million completed moves. The company has travelled a long way from the first pickup truck that John and Brig Sorber drove when their mother Mary Ellen Sheets started this Lansing, MI small business in 1985.
With operations in Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland, Two Men and a Truck is the largest moving franchise company in North America.
President of Two Men and a Truck – Canada John Prittie says the success of the company stems “from the attentive customer service techniques the Sorber brothers instilled in all franchisees and employees. Two Men and a Truck’s core belief is in treating each customer like their grandma – with dignity and respect. And, we have a Canadian moving industry first, a Consumers’ Bill of Rights, which further proves our commitment to providing top-notch service.”
Prittie outlined the “10 Best Tips for Moving” learned over the past 10 years in Canada:
- Call a mover
- Be realistic about the number of boxes you need.
- The heavier the item the smaller the box so that they are easy to carry.
- Purchase professional moving boxes. Often grocery store boxes are torn or have water damage making them unreliable.
- Don’t use newspaper to wrap dishes or valuable items; newsprint can stain.
- Start packing items you don’t use daily, ahead of time.
- Pack and label a box of essentials so you can open it first when you get to your new home.
- Pay attention to the weather forecast for the day of your move; if it’s cold make sure plants, electronics and liquids are properly packed and protected from the cold.
- Take pictures of the backs of your televisions and any other electronics that will need to be setup in your new place; these photos will help you remember the way the cords need to be inserted.
- If you’re planning to move in the summer, pick your date wisely. June 30th is the busiest moving day of the year and movers start to get booked 6-8 weeks in advance.
ABOUT TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®
In business 30 years, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® operates in the United States, Canada, Ireland and the UK with over 319 locations and 2,100 moving trucks. In 2005, Heron Capital Corporation, one of the Heron Group of Companies secured the Canadian Master Franchise rights. The company has a 96 per cent customer referral rating and 22 Canadian franchises.
FOR INTERVIEWS, OR TO ARRANGE TO FOLLOW A MOVE, CONTACT:
David Eisenstadt / Samantha Martin
416-696-9900 ext. 36 / 24
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com