Integrated Antivirus and Firewall Product Offers the Most Complete Free Internet Security Solution
TORONTO– May 16, 2012 – Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd.(Nasdaq: CHKP), the worldwide leader in securing the Internet, has announced ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall 2013 – the most complete free Internet security solution for consumers, which is now available for download here.
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall combines the world’s number one firewall with award-winning antivirus into one easy-to-use product that protects consumers against hackers, viruses, spyware and other evil malware.
Pricing and Availability
- ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall 2013 is based on the same technology that protects the top Fortune 100 companies. It is available today in English, German, French, and Spanish. The product is completely free for individuals and not-for-profit charitable entities. To view a video of the product, click here. Download ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall 2013 at www.zonealarm.com/freeantivirus-firewall.
Between cybercriminals, who are constantly evolving their techniques and launching new attacks on consumers every day, and the explosion of information sharing via social networks, new security threats are on the rise.
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall offers a multi-layered defense when it comes to protecting consumers against already identified and new threats. The product’s firewall and antivirus protection are designed and road-tested to work seamlessly and efficiently together, eliminating any compatibility problems and simplifying the entire security experience for consumers.
“Most consumers are unwittingly making themselves an easy target for cyber criminals,” said Bari Abdul, Vice President and Head of ZoneAlarm, Check Point Software Technologies consumer business. “They lack a strong 2-way firewall, are unwilling or unable to pay for security, or they just have left their security on the backburner. People are putting themselves at serious risk by not having minimum security, which at least includes a firewall and antivirus software. It’s basically like leaving your home with the doors unlocked.”
ZoneAlarm’s robust two-way firewall operates quietly in the background, monitoring incoming and outgoing traffic to and from a PC and the Internet. It blocks hackers from getting into a PC and stops them from launching attacks, stealing information, and sending data back to their home servers to conduct malevolent activities that threaten web security.
This functionality is powered by ZoneAlarm DefenseNet™, a proven third generation cloud-based service. ZoneAlarm DefenseNet automatically verifies the safety of a program by analyzing data from more than 60 million users through the cloud, eliminating overwhelming alerts and interruptions.
Meanwhile, ZoneAlarm’s powerful antivirus engine scans, detects, and removes any malicious programs from a user’s PC. To further insulate a user’s system, ZoneAlarm’s OSFirewall™ adds an additional layer of protection by spotting and stopping any suspicious behavior and new attacks.
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall Summary of Features
- Antivirus/Spyware Scan Engine – Scans, detects, and removes, known and unknown malware, such as viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, bots, and rootkits.
- 2-Way Firewall – Stops inbound and outbound attacks.
- OSFirewall – Monitors behaviours within a PC to spot and stop sophisticated new attacks that bypass traditional antivirus software and security suites.
- Advanced Download Protection – Analyzes downloads and warns you if a download is malicious, stopping it from infecting a user’s PC.
- Identity Theft Protection – Delivers data encryption and offers offline identity protection.
- Anti-Phishing/Site Status Toolbar – Blocks spyware distribution sites and fraudulent phishing websites.
- Online Backup – Protects your files in the event of loss, theft, accidental deletion, or disk failure.
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP – Enables protection across all of the latest operating systems.
“By making ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall free and convenient, we hope to spur a widespread Internet security movement that will help consumers better protect themselves from dangerous predators lurking online,” added Abdul. “This movement will in-turn help provide a more secure experience for all PC users.”
For the latest updates, follow ZoneAlarm on Facebook and Twitter. For security tips on protecting against the latest social networking risks, visit the ZoneAlarm blog at: http://blog.zonealarm.com.