CALGARY, AB – October 18, 2012….To avoid cyber surprises, Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd.’s (NASDAQ: CHKP) Canadian Regional Director Paul Comessotti offers these five SMART tips:
- Strong Passwords – create strong passwords by using letters, numbers and symbols. Don’t use “1234” or “password”, as your password.
- Minimum Security – at a minimum, your PC should have a two-way firewall and antivirus software. Make sure to keep it up-to-date AND secure.
- Avoid unsecured WI-FI – connecting to random, unsecured Wi-Fi networks increases the risk of having your information compromised.
- Remain Private – cyber criminals scour social media sites to gain insights about potential targets. Limit person information you post online.
- Take notice – get into the habit of checking the URL in the address bar. Make sure the site you’re on is in fact, the real one.