MARKHAM, ON – July 21, 2010 — McAfee, Inc. (NYSE: MFE), the world’s largest dedicated security company, has extended its industry-leading protection to millions of Mac consumers with the launch of McAfee® Internet Security. McAfee Internet Security empowers consumers to surf the web safely.
McAfee Internet Security — The Strongest Protection for Macs
“McAfee Internet Security suite helps Apple users confidently live their digital lives,” said Todd Gebhart, executive vice president and general manager, consumer, mobile and small business at McAfee. “It will protect Mac users from the growing threats users experience while searching the Internet every day.”
McAfee Internet Security for Mac includes the following features and benefits:
- McAfee® SiteAdvisor® technology protects users from malicious Web sites, browser exploits and notifies users whether an ecommerce site has been scanned by McAfee for potential vulnerabilities.
- SiteAdvisor technology provides site ratings in 22 search engines, and features advanced phishing protection that will alert users to sites that may try to steal personal identities or gain access to financial information.
- Secure Search a dedicated search tool that allows users to search, explore and shop more securely.
- Two-Way Firewall Protection monitors all data entering and leaving the Mac and blocks hackers from accessing the computer.
- Advanced Malware Scanning detects, blocks, and removes all Windows and Mac based viruses, spyware, and adware as well as any emerging threats that could harm the Mac.
McAfee Internet Security for Mac is available on Mac OS 10.5 in Canada, the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Mexico and Japan. Visit: www.mcafee.com/mac.