Company Combines Industry Leading Technologies to Offer the Most Effective and Reliable Cloud-based Web Protection Solutions Yet.
MARKHAM, ON – June 29, 2010 — McAfee Inc. (NYSE:MFE) today announced the worldwide availability of McAfee(R) SaaS Web Protection. The new Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Web security solution combines the robust enterprise-grade reporting capabilities and features from McAfee solutions with the massively scalable, multi-tenant platform architecture that powered the MX Logic solution. The new cloud-based service protects enterprises from malware and other Web-borne threats without any on-premise requirements.
Like McAfee appliances and virtual Web protection solutions, McAfee SaaS Web Protection provides the industry’s highest Web protection rates by leveraging the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence network. This network uses millions of threat sensors and more than 350 full-time security experts around the globe to provide customers with real-time – and even predictive – threat correlation and protection from malware, spam, trojans and other Internet-borne threats.
Today’s Web environment provides a vastly improved user experience and access to information due to the rapid adoption of Web 2.0 technologies. However, as in other technological innovations before it, Web 2.0 technologies have also led to new vulnerabilities and new techniques for compromising corporate networks and data. Unfortunately, most organizations are not adequately protected and they are spending large sums of money recovering from attacks. Industry-leading protection is mandatory for companies to continue to safely take advantage of Web 2.0 solutions.
“Web filtering solutions have evolved from website monitoring to serious malware defense,” said Marc Olesen, SVP and General Manager, Content and Cloud Security for McAfee. “McAfee SaaS Web Protection incorporates all of the knowledge and experience we’ve gathered through the years, as well as the unique expertise and technologies gained from our recent acquisitions. Combine that with our McAfee Global Threat Intelligence capabilities in the cloud, and we think users will be hard-pressed to find a better, more effective or reliable solution than McAfee SaaS Web Protection.”
In addition to the superior protection, McAfee SaaS Web Protection helps reduce upfront costs, as well as lowers ongoing maintenance and management costs. Furthermore, organizations with numerous locations or limited IT resources can quickly deploy the solution by simply redirecting Web traffic to a McAfee data center and allowing McAfee SaaS Web Protection to manage protection from start to finish. With no applications or hardware to install or deploy, the service provides organizations with immediate and reliable network protection.
McAfee SaaS Web Protection Highlights
The McAfee SaaS Web Protection solution now provides:
- More Comprehensive Reporting: Enterprises need scalable, comprehensive reporting to understand their web traffic and the threats this traffic presents. McAfee SaaS Web Protection gives organizations the tools they need to understand today’s web traffic. IT staff can easily identify trends, investigate potential problems, and analyze security threats.
- Simplified Policy Enforcement and Controls: The new service provides automatic enforcement of acceptable usage policy, reduces corporate liability, and improves employee productivity. Additionally, organizational policies enable granular controls for Web security and usage.
- Early Protection: Threats are blocked in the cloud before they reach the customer network. Relying on extensive knowledge of Internet entities and the constantly changing global threat landscape, the McAfee(R) TrustedSource(TM) technology enhances Web filtering by identifying potentially malicious behavior and enabling organizations to dynamically block these threats in real-time.
- Rapid Deployment and Unlimited Scalability: Built atop what McAfee believes to be the world’s most massively scalable, multi-tenant platforms, the McAfee SaaS Web Protection solution can be rapidly deployed anywhere around the world, and for an unlimited amount of users without any performance degradation. McAfee maintains an extensive network of world-class data centers to ensure maximum speed and redundancy.
- Remote Protection: McAfee SaaS Web Protection also provides the same level of Web security for remote offices and mobile users. This enables corporate security policies to be centrally managed and enforced for all users, even when they are not behind the corporate firewall.
McAfee SaaS Web Protection complements an already powerful portfolio of web security solutions offered by McAfee; including McAfee(R) Web Gateway for on premise protection at the gateway via appliance or virtual machine form factors. All McAfee Web security solutions leverage McAfee global threat intelligence for best in class web security for organizations of any size.